Osaki OS Pro Admiral Massage Chair Review
Air Compression Massage8.5/10
User Flexibility (Height/Weight)7.5/10
Value For Money9.4/10
- 49'' L-Track With 3.5'' Of Protruding Rollers Results In One Heck Of A Massage!
- 16 Auto Modes For A Chair With This Price Tag Is Unheard Of!
- A Beautiful Design That'll Complement Any Living Room!
- The Maximum Recommended User Weight (240 lbs) Is Slightly On The Lower Side
2019 Brand Spanking New From Osaki!
Reviewing massage chairs has become a bit of a passion for me. Up to this point, I’ve reviewed round about 40+ chairs! What gets me most excited however is reviewing units that are newly released. It fascinates me to see what types of innovation and technology are being put out by chair manufacturers.
For those of you who aren’t familiar with massage chairs, Osaki are one of the most reputable, top selling brands in the industry. They’ve become especially famous for designing massage chairs with highly innovative technology capable of delivering an incredible massage experience.
Without further ado, let’s look at what the Pro Admiral is all about!
Osaki OS Pro Admiral Massage Chair: 8 Features You Need To Know About!
#1 It’s Got 16 Auto Modes!
What’s that saying again? “Save the best for last”! Well, instead i’m gonna share the best first, and that’s what this is.
Most chairs in the market at this price come with typically 8-10 auto modes. It’s very uncommon to see more than that, so kudos to Osaki for improving user experience!
What are these 16 auto modes? Let’s go through each one!
- Lady—As the name suggests, this is a massage routine designed specifically for the female. Expect low to mild intensity!
- Traveler—Feeling jet lagged after a 12 hour flight? This mode is perfect for relieving jet lag!
- Office Pro—Sitting on a chair watching the computer screen all day is much harder than it sounds. This mode is designed to specifically work the neck and shoulders!
- Text-Neck—Another mild routine designed to work the neck and shoulders.
- Gentle Relief—Soft soothing strokes focused on the lower back/lumbar area.
- Recover—The “go-to” routine after a strenuous workout session. This will relieve those sore/achy muscles.
- Thai—Very similar to the stretch routine, except a little more intense. If you’ve done a traditional Thai massage before, you’ll love this!
- Stretch—Full body stretch routine that makes use of both the rollers and airbags.
- Men’s Fitness—Just as this chair has a mode designed for ladies, it has one for men too!
- Elderly Health—Gentle strokes designed to relieve muscular pain. The perfect mode for seniors!
- Relax—Low to mild intensity routine that works great at anytime during the day!
- Rejuvenate—I call this the “kick me in gear” routine! Great for those days when you’re not at a 100%
- Midday Nap—An awesome massage for the afternoons. Don’t worry it won’t put you to sleep!
- AM Routine—If you’re a morning person, you’re gonna love this! Switch the caffeine for this routine!
- Shape N Tone—Focused on the waist, hips, and glutes. This routine makes use of both the airbags and rollers!
- Re-energize—Ready to call it a night? This is the perfect mode before you hit the sheets. It relaxes the muscles so you’re able to sleep well!
#2 It’s Got 3D Roller Technology!
As an avid massage chair enthusiast, it’s so cool to see how roller technology has progressed over the years. It was only a couple years ago when 2D chairs were the talk of the town, and then 3D became the next big thing, and now in 2019 we have an even more advanced 4D roller system!
Pretty simple right? If that doesn’t make sense, the animation below will!
Notice the 3-dimensional movement in the animation? Up/down, side to side, and in/out. You also have the flexibility of adjusting overall roller intensity from 6 different settings ranging from mild to deep tissue. I recommend you work your way up!
#3 Ultra Long 49” L-Track!
In #2 we talked about 3D rollers and how they function. That’s a great segue into the next point!
For the Pro Admiral, the roller track has a:
FYI, this is not an SL-Track system! This is an L-Track system. The difference between “SL” & “L” is that “SL” rollers give you a more tighter contour in the spinal area. In that sense, one could say SL-Track is more superior than L-Track.
#4 Only Needs 2” From The Wall!
In the beginning of this post I talked about how Osaki are one of the few manufacturers that continue to innovate with cool technology. This is another example of this!
Space saving technology is exactly that. Osaki were aware of the fact that not everyone has tons of space to spare in their living room, so to make things work they implemented what’s known as space saving technology. It’s a simple design enhancement where the chair will slide forward on a base as the user reclines backwards. In essence, this allows for chair placement with a minuscule 2” of wall clearance!
#5 Dual Heat Therapy (Back & Knees/Calves)
When my friends are over and they happen to use my massage chair, they either like/dislike the heat option. Some people enjoy the tingling sensation of warmth over your back during massage, while others find it too overbearing!
Applying heat relaxes the muscles thereby making them more easier to manipulate and massage. If you’re one of those people who holds a lot of stress and tension in your lower back, heat therapy becomes especially important.
The Pro Admiral doesn’t disappoint as far as heat therapy is concerned. It’s got dual heating pads in the lower back area, and infrared elements in lower leg/calf area. These heating elements will keep your lower back and calves “warm & toasty” while the airbags and rollers do their thing!
#6 24 Airbags!
One thing I continuously notice with newer massage chairs is a reduction in the number of airbags compared to older models; this is especially true for the 2019 releases! Why do manufacturers do this anyways? Well there’s a few reasons:
- A reduction in airbags typically equates to a reduction in the chair’s overall power consumption.
- A reduction in airbags makes the chair more mechanically sound. It’s also simple to design as it requires fewer valves, motors, compressors etc.
“But does this mean I get less air compression?” Absolutely not, at least not in this case! Osaki have intelligently designed the airbags to maximize surface area coverage, so you don’t feel that there’s only 24 airbags. Instead, 24 airbags almost feels the same as 48 or even 50 airbags. Airbags have been placed all over the chair; the image below shows the precise locations.
Airbag intensity can be adjusted from 5 different levels ranging from weak to strong. I highly recommend you start at a low intensity and build your way up. What’s also neat is the ability to select independent airbag operation directly from the remote control. For example, if you only want the foot airbags pulsating, you can set the chair up to do this!
#7 3 Rows Of Foot Rollers!
Foot rollers are becoming more and more of a standard feature these days. A couple years ago you’d only see the more expensive models equipped with foot rollers, but it’s nice to see that change with manufacturers now adding it to most of their chairs.
So how is this chair different? It’s important to note that the Pro Admiral has 3 rows of spinning rollers, whereas most chairs typically only have 2. The extra row results in a more comprehensive foot massage with better coverage along the bottom of the feet.
As is the case with everything else, foot roller intensity/speed can also be varied. If you’ve never had a foot massage before, don’t start with a high intensity setting. First time foot massages can actually be quite uncomfortable, believe it or not!
#8 An Extendable Foot Rest!
One of the biggest challenges faced by massage chair manufacturers is coming up with a design that’s able to accommodate most body types. This becomes especially hard when your goal is to make the chair available worldwide. If you were designing the chair to be sold in a specific country, you could at least hone in and focus the chair to fit those individuals, but how do you build a chair to fit everyone in the world!?
If you ask me, the Pro Admiral does a decent job in the height department, as it’s able to accommodate individuals ranging from 5’0-6’4 ft. This is in part due to the extendable foot rest. To accommodate taller individuals, the foot rest can extend a whopping 7.1 inches outward!
As part of the initial body scan, the foot rest automatically extends out and then retracts back until the sensors detect the bottom of your feet. At this point the foot rest stops retracting as the chair has determined the user’s height. Of course if this fails you can always manually adjust the foot rest as required from the remote control!
Osaki OS Pro Admiral Massage Chair Specifications
- Osaki OS Pro Admiral Massage Chair Specs
- Roller Type: L-Track
- Roller Length: 49 Inches
- Total Airbags: 24
- Upright Dimensions: 50.0″H x 30.7″W x 64.2″D
- Recline Dimensions: 40.6″H x 30.7″W x 74.8″D
- Chair Material: Synthetic Leather
- Recommended Height Range: 5’0 – 6’4 ft.
- Maximum Recommended Weight: 240 lbs
Osaki OS Pro Admiral Massage Chair Pros & Cons
The Things I Like! (AKA Pros)
The Things I Don’t Quite Like! (AKA Cons)
How Does The Osaki OS Pro Admiral Compare To Other 3D Massage Chairs?
Let’s look at how the Pro Admiral stacks up to the competition. Forget everything we’ve talked about thus far, this is the true litmus test!
We’ll be comparing the Pro Admiral to 2 similar chairs with 3D rollers:
- Titan Pro Jupiter XL
- 5’0 – 6’6 ft & 285 lbs.
- 53″ w/ 3″ Protrusion
Roller Track & Protrusion
Foot Roller Rows
- Lower Back, Seat, & Calves
- Titan Pro Executive
- 4’11 – 6’4 ft & 285 lbs.
- 32″ w/ 4.7″ Protrusion
Roller Track & Protrusion
Foot Roller Rows
- Yes (3 slots)
- Lower Back & Calves
- Osaki OS Pro Admiral
- 5’0 – 6’4 ft & 240 lbs.
- 49″ w/ 3.5″ Protrusion
Roller Track & Protrusion
Foot Roller Rows
- Lower Back & Calves
Should You Buy The Osaki OS Pro Admiral Massage Chair, Or Should You Consider Something Else?
Should you buy the Pro Admiral or should you instead consider one of the 2 Titan chairs in the comparison table above?
First things first, if you’re hell bent on buying a 3D chair with an L-Track roller system, then the Titan Pro Executive is obviously out of the equation since it has a 32 ” S-Track. That leaves you with 2 options: the Pro Admiral or the Pro Jupiter XL.
Here are a few key differences between the Pro Jupiter XL & the Pro Admiral:
- Pro Jupiter XL definitely has better user flexibility and can accommodate larger body types more comfortably.
- Pro Jupiter XL has a slightly longer roller track (53”) compared to the Pro Admiral (49”).
- Pro Admiral has 16 auto modes, 6 more than the Pro Jupiter XL.
- Pro Admiral requires 2” of wall clearance; Pro Jupiter XL requires 3.2”.
- Pro Jupiter XL has 3 sources of heat therapy; Pro Admiral has 2.
The truth is it’s way too close to distinguish! Both the Pro Jupiter XL & the Pro Admiral are fantastic options as far as i’m concerned.
As I said earlier, it really boils down to what’s important to you specifically. If you’re a larger individual (height and weight wise), your best bet might be to go with the Pro Jupiter XL. If height/weight is not a concern, i’d lean towards the Pro Admiral. One of the reasons for that is the staggering 16 auto modes you get to enjoy!
Here’s How You Can Save An Extra 5%!
As an affiliate of massage chair deals, I’m able to offer certain perks to the readers of my blog. One such perk is an extra 5% discount on any massage chair purchased from massage chair deals. How does it work?
Step 1: Click on any of the affiliate links placed on this post to check out the chair(s) on massage chair deals!Step 2: If you’ve decided to buy from massage chair deals, enter in “MAM5” during checkout to apply the 5 % discount!
Is 5% significant? If you ask me, any little saving is significant. If you’re buying a chair that costs approximately $4K, 5% off would be $200 saved! Not too shabby right!?
Ultimately your approach should be to find the cheapest deal for the chair and buy from there. If it works out to be from massage chair deals, then awesome. If not, then that’s also fine. If my reviews have helped you in any way to find a massage chair you’ll be happy with, then I consider my job done!
Where Can I Find Out More About The Pro Admiral?
I’ve covered mostly everything you need to know about the Pro Admiral in this post. However, if you require further information your best bet is to check out Osaki’s official product page for the chair here. In addition to this, you can also reference the user manual for more technical information/specs. Click here to check that out.
Finally, if there’s any additional information you require about this chair, you can definitely reach out to me personally by sending an email to email@example.com.
If you enjoyed reading this post, please consider sharing on the social platforms. It really does help improve the visibility of my site. See you in the next review!