Synca Wellness CirC Compact Massage Chair Review
User Flexibility (Height/Weight)8.8/10
Value For Money9.5/10
- A Compact Massage Chair With An SL-Track, That's Definitely A Rarity!
- Designed & Manufactured In Japan, This Would Look Good In Any Living Room!
- For A Small Chair, It Does Pretty Well To Accommodate Different Body Types!
- Nada! This Is Probably One Of The Best Compact Massage Chairs You Can Find Today!
A Fan Favourite When It Comes To Compact Massage Chairs!
I’ve been wanting to review the CirC compact massage chair from Synca Wellness for a while now. My procrastination ends now! Because this is my first ever review of a Synca product, a short intro about who these guys are is warranted!
Far all of you who remain fascinated with Japanese designed and produced consumer electronics, this will be right up your alley! Synca’s business strategy is to focus on doing everything from the design, engineering, and production in Japan.
Besides massage chairs, these guys also produce some very cool and interesting products such as foot, calf, neck, and even water eye massagers! You can check out what those products look like on Synca’s site.
Another fun fact is that they are a division of Johnson Health Tech. This is the same company that sells everything from treadmills, weight machines, stationary bicycles, elliptical trainers and even their own line of massage chairs!
What Makes The CirC A Fan Favourite? What’s Its USP?
Before we dive into the nitty gritty details and dissect the CirC, what makes this thing so popular? Everyone seems to love it based on the reviews I’ve seen and it’s even won a good design award in 2017, so what’s the kicker?
In my opinion there are 3 things that make the CirC such a popular massage chair:
5 Things I Love About The Synca CirC Compact Massage Chair!
#1 It’s “More” Than A Massage Chair!
90% of massage chairs look like massage chairs! By that I mean they’re big, bulky, and look a little weird with all the airbags. I’m not saying the typical massage chair looks ugly. It looks unconventional, odd, and maybe because of that it’s hard to see how a massage chair could fit in with traditional living room furniture.
If there ever was such a thing as massage chair “eye candy”, this would be the epitome!
So when I say the CirC is more than a massage chair, I mean to say that it’s also a stylish showpiece that could be placed just about anywhere. Yes this has nothing to do with functionality, I am not doubting that. However, if you care for aesthetics and the way something looks, this becomes very important to you.
On the flip-side, if looks don’t matter, you won’t care how gorgeous a massage chair is! As long as it delivers, that’s all that matters. The question is, what type of person are you?
#2 It Comes Packing An SL-Track!
I must admit I was totally stumped when I learned that the CirC comes fitted with an SL-Track. Mind is blown! You probably think I’m over-exaggerating, but why exactly is this such a big deal?
There are 2 types of roller tracks you can find on most massage chairs today: S-Tracks, L-Tracks. S-Tracks are great because they tightly map/contour to the spine’s natural “S” shape, thereby delivering an incredibly effective back massage. L-Tracks are more about massage coverage and because they’re extended, they can massage all the way down to the glutes.
When someone says “SL”, that is exactly the same as an “L” track system. Just want to make that clear so there is no confusion later on!
Here are 2 important things to remember:
#3 4 Different Massage Techniques!
When it comes to massage in your typical massage establishment/clinic, how come most people tend to have a preference when it comes to picking a therapist? Have you noticed this? Most people tend to like how one therapist performs massage on their body over the other.
It’s really as simple as that. But why is this important and how is this even relevant to massage chairs? Well, a lot more than you think. Just like human massage therapists, all massage chairs are not the same and there is an element of variability.
The point I’m trying to drill home is that no 2 chairs are the same in terms of the techniques they can perform. Some chairs can do more techniques and can do them better than another.
The CirC is pretty decent all things considered. It has been programmed to perform a total of 4 different massage techniques. These are kneading, tapping, rolling, and air compression massage.
For a small chair, definitely not too shabby! I’ve seen chairs that cost thousands more only able to perform 2 or 3 techniques more, so this is pretty good!
Note: Synca are referring to this as “real hands massage”. It’s basically the rollers ability to mimic the massage you would receive from the hands of a trained therapist. Intensity can be adjusted from gentle to strong.
#4 It Weighs A Measly 70lbs!
Nope that’s not a typo, and no I’m not messing with you, 70 lbs is what this thing weighs! Not sure if that’s impressive or if it’s that Synca have designed the chair to comfortably accommodate a maximum load of 250 lbs.
Placement, assembly, install of massage chairs has always been something I dread. Let me be very honest and admit to you that my “handyman” skills are pretty close to non-existent, and that’s putting it generously!
When it requires heavy lifting and some assembly and fit-up, I’ve always been one to pay the extra $$$ to have that service taken care of. Most of you might frown and suggest it’s a waste of money. Meh…I think all of us are different.
The CirC is good because it doesn’t require assembly, is easy to lift, and can fit just about anywhere. No messing around trying to figure out what goes where and so on so forth!
#5 5 Auto Modes To Pick From!
I’ve seen chairs that cost much more than the CirC and come loaded with the same number of auto modes. Again, it’s one of those things which adds to the “bang for buck” factor!
- Full Body—Not really a full body massage because the chair is not capable of foot massage (no foot rollers or airbags). However, in this routine both the airbags and rollers will be engaged and working in tandem.
- Back—In this mode you can expect a lot of that S-Track movement I was talking about earlier. Massage is especially focused on the lower back.
- Air Stretch—This routine employs the chair’s airbags to pin the body in place in an attempt to stretch and break up fascia. It can get intense so work your way up!
- Buttock—Name says it all! A routine primarily focused on the glutes. Both rollers and airbags are employed in this routine also.
- Waist—Similar to the above but with emphasis on the waist area of the body. Perfect after a long day in the office!
Each of the 5 auto modes can be activated directly from the remote control. Another cool feature is something called “body area”. Basically, it’s a feature which allows you to focus massage to either the upper, lower, or entire body. This is a neat little feature that can be used in both manual and automatic modes.
Synca CirC Compact Massage Chair Specifications
- Synca CirC Compact Massage Chair Specs
- Roller Type: SL-Track
- Roller Length: 34 Inches (Approximately)
- Total Airbags: 10
- Upright Dimensions: 39"L x 21.6"W x 37"H
- Full Recline Dimensions: N/A (No Recline Capabilities)
- Chair Material: Synthetic Leather
- Height Range: 4'9" - 6'2" ft
- Maximum Recommended Weight: 250 lbs
Synca CirC Compact Massage Chair Pros & Cons
- Very Reasonably Priced!—Even for a compact massage chair, the CirC is very well priced after you take into account everything it offers.
- If Looks Could Kill!—I’d be dead because this thing is absolutely drop dead gorgeous, in my eyes at least. What do you think? Do you agree that the CirC is a 10/10 on pure aesthetics? Drop a comment down below and let me know!
- It Can Fit In Your Palm!—Okay I’m kidding it can’t actually fit in your palm, but you get the point right! One of biggest selling points is of course it’s compact size which makes placement a no brainer!
- Zilch!—I love everything about the CirC, but if I had to single out one thing it would be the lack of leg/foot massage. It’s not something I expect from an ultra compact massage chair which is why I say “no cons”, but it’s maybe worth mentioning for all those who may be interested in purchasing the chair.
How Does The Synca CirC Compare To Other Compact Massage Chairs?
Compare, compare, compare and then compare some more! That’s my mantra when it comes to buying a massage chair, or for that matter anything!
- Infinity Riage CS
- 5’0 – 6’4 ft & 264 lbs.
Ability To Recline
- Synca Wellness CirC
- 4'9 - 6'2 ft & 250 lbs.
Ability To Recline
What do you figure from the table above? If you’re like me, you’re thinking it’s incredibly difficult to pick one out of the 2 chairs. It’s very hard to say one is better than the other.
Because it’s so hard to decide purely based on performance/functionality as you’ve seen above, I think the next thing you should look at is aesthetics and pricing. Riage CS might be slightly cheaper, but the CirC is definitely the better looking from both chairs!
That being said, both chairs are fantastic but my vote goes to the CirC, not by much though!
That’s all from me folks! If you enjoyed reading this review, please consider sharing on the socials. Last but not least, if you have any burning questions, please be sure to drop a comment down below. I really love to hear from you guys so don’t be shy! Until next time!