Infinity Genesis Massage Chair Review
Air Compression Massage8.7/10
User Flexibility (Height/Weight)9.0/10
Value For Money6.0/10
- Incredibly Effective Roller System Designed For Moderate To Intense Massage!
- User Flexibility Is Off The Charts (The Perfect Chair For Larger Body Types!)
- 3 Foot Roller Rows Means Foot Massage Is On Point!
- Just A Tad Pricey For My Liking!
- More Than 6 Auto Modes Would've Been Nice!
It’s An Infinity Marathon Ladies/Gents!
Let me start of by saying: hope all of you are doing well wherever you are in the world. With COVID-19 not letting up, I hope we are all continuing to take measures to keep the virus at bay. Remember the virus needs you and me to thrive! If we don’t give it this opportunity, we will effectively stop the spread. Let’s do our part!
Because I absolutely fell in love with the Riage CS, I decided to continue reviewing Infinity massage chairs. Today I’ll be looking at the Genesis: a 3D massage chair with an extended roller track. Before we look at the key features, let’s maybe talk high level about Infinity as a company/brand.
Infinity are a wellness company based in the US. Even though Infinity chairs are made in China, most of the assembly happens in the US facility.
Over the years I’ve reviewed several chairs from Infinity, and based on this I can tell you that these guys make solid units with the latest and greatest in technology. Infinity chairs are definitely comparable to the bigger brands like Osaki/APEX/Titan/Human Touch etc.
My only qualm with Infinity, and this might not be applicable to all of their chairs, is that sometimes the pricing is a tad much. This definitely wasn’t the case with the Riage CS I reviewed last week, so I’m hoping it won’t be for the Genesis as well. Anyways, let’s dig in ladies/gents!
Infinity Genesis Massage Chair: 5 Interesting Features To Know About!
#1 3D Rollers w/ A 49” L-Track!
Over the years there has been so much evolution in massage chairs! Looking back, it’s hard to appreciate an L-Track or even an S-Track, when back then there was no such thing! And 3D/4D rollers were inconceivable at that time.
Rollers are the most integral piece to any massage chair. Why is this? For the simple reason that rollers are the one contraption responsible for delivering 70-80% of massage. For some chairs this number is higher, and for a few it may be lower.
I read this online somewhere that this chair is capable of 4D massage; this is not true. To be capable of 4D massage, the Genesis would need to be equipped and programmed with 4D rollers. Because it has 3D rollers it’s unable to perform massage at that extra fourth dimension.
Also, there’s no such thing as a 3D/4D hybrid. There are 3D chairs and there are 4D chairs. 4D being the more advanced of the two.
#2 Comes Pre-programmed With A Total Of 6 Auto Modes
Auto modes are what make massage chairs so convenient and simple to operate. A chair without auto massage modes means operation could be time consuming and cumbersome.
You get a total of 6 auto modes in the Infinity Genesis. These are:
- Working Relief—A strong, high intensity massage specially designed for those who sit on a desk most days. It’s been designed to get the blood flowing and those muscles stimulated!
- Extension—Infinity chairs are especially known for their stretch routines, and this particular one attempts to mimic the world famous Thai stretch. Expect a highly intense routine with both the rollers as well as the airbags activated.
- Waist & Spine—A mid intensity routine specifically designed to work the lower back, waist area. This is especially good for those wanting pain relief in the lower back.
- Sports Refresh—As the name suggests, this is a routine that’s aimed at refreshing and invigorating the muscles post exercise and sport. An awesome way to recover after strenuous workout!
- Neck & Shoulder—Similar to the waist and spine program, but focused specifically on the neck and shoulder area. Another routine that’s great for pain relief.
- Rest & Sleep—Mild, soothing and perfect before hitting the sheets and calling it a night! Night time massages are great because they trigger the body to produce melatonin (through serotonin) so your body falls asleep easier.
Note: Each of the 6 auto modes can be selected directly from the remote control. On a side note, Infinity have also allowed for operation of the Genesis using an Android or Apple smartphone.
#3 3 Foot Rollers Rows
Foot massage is often overlooked when buying a massage chair. I certainly was at fault for this “rookie” mistake when I purchased my massage chair, and I regret it everyday!
A well designed massage chair is one that seamlessly integrates both roller and air massage. The manufacturers who understand this have consistently produced top sellers time and again.
That being said, Infinity have done the right thing for the Genesis! They’ve equipped this bad boy with 3 foot roller rows, one per foot. This makes foot massage incredibly effective because you have the rollers doing their thing on the soles and arch, and the airbags doing their thing on the sides and top of the feet. Pretty much a complete foot massage!
#4 Incredible User Flexibility!
User flexibility is all about how well a massage chair is able to accommodate various individuals. Most people think buying a massage chair is a one size fits all kinda deal. This might be true most times if you get lucky, but otherwise what you’ll find is that picking the right size of massage chair matters!
One of my favourite things about the Genesis is how well it’s able to accommodate user height/weight. In terms of height, it can fit anyone from the 5’2-6’9 ft range. In terms of weight it can comfortably accommodate a maximum weight of 300 lbs!
You’ll look at this one of 2 ways:
#5 40 Airbags Placed In Various Areas!
Airbags serve 2 main purposes:
Few people I know who’ve used a massage chair before have told me that they like everything about the roller massage, but dislike everything about the airbag massage. They claim it feels painful and uncomfortable. This is a rookie mistake!
That means adjusting airbag intensity to a comfortable level. It also means adjusting roller intensity! Don’t take this lightly. If you do, you’ll regret ever purchasing a massage chair, and the biggest tragedy is you never realized how powerful it truly can be!
The Infinity Genesis comes loaded with 40 airbags, and 72 air cells. The important number here is 40, 72 air cells is more about how the airbags have been divided.
Infinity Genesis Massage Chair Specifications
- Infinity Genesis Massage Chair Specs
- Roller Type: L-Track
- Roller Length: 49 Inches
- Total Airbags: 40
- Upright Dimensions: 66"L x 35"W x 48"H
- Recline Dimensions: 80"L x 35"W x 35"H
- Chair Material: Synthetic Leather
- Height Range: 5’2 – 6’9 ft
- Maximum Recommended Weight: 300 lbs
Infinity Genesis Massage Chair Pros & Cons!
- Roller System Is Well Designed—The 3D L-Track is a well designed system that performs exceptionally at neck, shoulder, and back massage. Unlike other competing chairs, the Genesis runs nice and quiet too!
- Very Good User Flexibility For Larger Body Types—If you’re 6 ft or over, this will be a huge advantage. You will be glad to know that the Genesis is a chair very much designed to fit the larger body type!
- Foot Massage Works Pretty Well!—With 3 foot roller rows you get a solid massage on the bottom of the feet (including the heel). Couple this with the side and top airbags and now you’ve got a complete foot massage! I would have been over the moon if Infinity would have also included calf rollers in the Genesis. You can’t have everything I guess!
- A Tad Expensive!—If there’s one thing about the Genesis that really disappoints me, it’s the price. I absolutely love Infinity chairs and I think they do a remarkable job when it comes to design and manufacturing, but I strongly feel that the Genesis is not competitively priced. If you don’t get this now, you will in the comparison section. Hang tight!
- More Auto Modes Would’ve Been Nice—6 auto modes is what I would expect on an entry, budget massage chair, definitely not on an intermediate/advanced chair such as the Genesis.
Infinity Genesis Massage Chair: 3 Fun Facts!
#1 It’s Got Bluetooth Speakers!
Although it doesn’t impact overall massage, it’s definitely a bonus that the Genesis comes fitted with Bluetooth speakers. I know most people will play their favorite tunes, but I highly recommend playing something soft and soothing. You can find these relaxation type beats all over YouTube. Next time you’re at an actual massage establishment, take note of the background music!
#2 It Comes In 3 Different Colour Schemes!
These are black and grey, brown and grey, and my favourite….rose gold! If you have lighter shades of furniture (sofa, dinning table etc.), the rose gold will probably pair best!
#3 It Rocks!
Literally! When reclined, the Genesis is able to perform a gentle rocking motion. This has no impact to overall massage performance but it’s definitely a nice little feature to have, especially for those who enjoy sitting on rocking chairs!
Should You Buy The Infinity Genesis Massage Chair?
Yes, no, maybe? The best way to decide on whether you should buy a massage chair is to always compare and see how it stacks up. You might be head over heels for one chair and 100% sold, but how do you know it gives you the most “bang for your buck”? The only way to know is by comparing it to similar chairs in the market.
To show you what I mean, let’s compare the Genesis to 2 incredible massage chairs: the Osaki Pro Admiral and the Titan Pro Ace II. Both come with extended track 3D rollers.
- Infinity Genesis
- 5’2 – 6’9 ft & 300 lbs.
- 49″ L-Track
Foot Roller Rows
- Lower Back
- Titan Pro Ace II
- 5’0 – 6’3 ft & 260 lbs.
- 52″ L-Track
Foot Roller Rows
- Lower Back
- Osaki OS Pro Admiral
- 5’0 – 6’4 ft & 240 lbs.
- 49″ L-Track
Foot Roller Rows
- Lower Back & Calves
If you can afford to spend the cash needed to buy the Genesis, you for sure can afford the Pro Admiral or the Pro Ace II. Out of the 3 my pick is the Pro Admiral, and that’s because of how well designed the rollers are.
Yes you might get better user flexibility with the Genesis and more airbags as well, but I would much rather pick a chair that has 16 auto modes and both lower back and calf heating instead!
If you don’t wish to spend as much, then your next best bet should be the Pro Ace II.
I Hope This Review Post Was Helpful!
If you enjoyed reading, please share on the social platforms. Questions and comments are welcomed below! Be safe and I’ll see you next week!