Luraco iRobotics Legend Plus Massage Chair Review
AIR COMPRESSION MASSAGE9.0/10
USER FLEXIBILITY (HEIGHT/WEIGHT)9.0/10
VALUE FOR MONEY5.0/10
- Ultra Long 58'' L-Track Is Unrivalled!
- 60 Airbags Ensure Compression Massage Is On Point!
- Heat Therapy In 3 Different Areas With 5 Different Intensity Settings Makes For An Even More Effective Massage!
- Ability To Save Up To 5 Customised Massages Allows Users The Flexibility To Explore!
- As Good As It Is, It's Not Worth The Ultra Exorbitant Price Tag!
On A Class Of Its Own Once Upon A Time!
Welcome back to yet another massage chair review! Today we’ll be covering a legendary chair, one that has gained tremendous popularity over the years.
In many ways the Legend Plus is still the chair to beat (more on this later!). Since this is my first review on a Luraco product, I feel it’s necessary to share a few interesting facts about these guys and how they made their claim to fame!
So whatever it is Luraco are doing, people seem to love it. Most of the reviews I’ve read on Luraco massage chairs have all been very positive, and people have had nothing but good things to say about them. I need to understand what all the fuss is about, so without wasting a minute more, let’s dive right in!
Luraco iRobotics Legend Plus Massage Chair: 4 Noteworthy Features!
#1 It’s Got A Massively Long L-Track, The Longest I’ve Seen Thus Far!
What is a roller track and why all the fuss? In layman terms, it’s basically a steel contraption that allows the rollers to traverse from one point to another. In other words, it’s the road on which the rollers can travel on!
58” is the longest track I’ve yet to see on any massage chair to this day (early 2021). Pretty darn impressive considering this chair was released more than 3 years ago!
How much coverage can a 58” L-Track get you? To be honest it really depends. It depends on user height. For smaller individuals, a 58” L-Track could easily cover past the hamstrings and close to the back of the knees, and similarly right up the spine closer to the neck/head. For taller individuals, the coverage might not be as much, but still very impressive.
#2 3D Rollers Give You That Extra Bit Of Intensity!
When this chair was released I think 3D rollers were the creme de la creme. Of course now we have 4D rollers and these are very much the pinnacle of roller technology.
The thing is not everybody needs the capability offered by a 4D chair. Most will be well covered with 2D/3D rollers, as they are more than able to perform what most people are looking for. To understand and appreciate 3D rollers, you first need to understand and appreciate 2D rollers.
We won’t talk about 4D rollers here, but for now you should know that they are more technologically advanced than both 2D/3D.
#3 Extended Heat Therapy—Who Doesn’t Like Warm & Cozy!
There’s many things I love about the Legend Plus, but this is probably one of my favourite features.
One of the biggest annoyances with the modern massage chair is it’s inability to effectively integrate heat into the massage experience. What do I mean by this? Well there’s a couple issues.
Apologies for the long rant, but this is something I feel passionately about, and I wish it would improve on newer models of massage chairs.
#4 Airbag Galore!—60 Airbags!
Another absolutely phenomenal feature is the 60 airbags located in the shoulder, hand, arm, calf, thigh, and feet areas of the Legend Plus.
Just to be clear so we don’t get sidetracked…..more airbags does not necessarily equate to a better massage experience. What’s more important than airbag number is where the airbags are located, how big of a surface they can cover etc. Of course airbag count is important, but it’s not the only thing to look at.
In fact one of the really cool features on this chair is the adjustable bicep/tricep air massager which is another one of Luraco’s patented technology. You’ll be able to see how this functions in the video below! (check out 1:13)
And A Few More Features To Know Of!
Because there’s so much to talk about this chair, I’ve mentioned the 4 most important features above. However, I think it’s important to briefly discuss some of the other features on the Legend Plus.
There are several other features such as zero gravity, Bluetooth speakers, body scanning, and dual foot rollers which I won’t spend much time talking about because these are pretty standard on majority of massage chairs today. Granted it might not have been the case when the Legend Plus was released, but it is so today.
Luraco iRobotics Legend Plus Massage Chair Specifications
- Luraco iRobotics Legend Plus Massage Chair Specs
- Roller Type: L-Track
- Roller Length: 58 Inches
- Total Airbags: 60
- Upright Dimensions: 61"L x 37"W x 47"H
- Recline Dimensions: 81"L x 37"W x 47"H
- Chair Material: Synthetic & Genuine Leather Combo
- Height Range: 5'0" - 6'5" ft
- Maximum Recommended Weight: 250 lbs
Luraco iRobotics Legend Plus Massage Chair Pros & Cons
- 58” Unrivalled L-Track!—If there is one thing that’s truly special about the Legend Plus, it’s the L-Track! You can search massage chair after massage chair, but you won’t have any luck in finding a 58” track, not in these times at least!
- Heat Therapy Is Effective!—Unlike many other chairs, the heat therapy on the Legend Plus is actually effective. There are several heating pads located throughout the chair with multiple levels of heat intensity to choose from.
- Air Compression Massage Is One Of The Best!—Not just the sheer number of airbags, but also the placement of airbags is phenomenal on the Legend Plus. The adjustable arm airbag is also a great way to ensure an effective massage on the biceps and triceps.
- 5 Memory Slots—Some people will love this and others not so much. If you’re the type of person who likes exploring technology and trying out all the features, then I think you will love this. It takes some messing around and figuring stuff out in manual mode to really appreciate having the option to save a customised massage. Not for everyone….
- Definitely The Price—Before I start my rant on pricing, let me just say: I love the Legend Plus. It’s an amazing chair with lots of really awesome features, but all that aside the pricing to me seems outdated. The Legend Plus seems to be priced according to what you’d expect to pay for a massage chair 10 years ago in 2010 maybe! There are 4D chairs with superior roller technology which cost less or around the same as this does (no I’m not kidding!). That being said, I can’t wrap my head around the pricing. What do you think? Agree/disagree? Drop a comment down below!
Should You Buy The Luraco iRobotics Legend Plus Massage Chair?
Yes or no? Take a walk with me for a moment!
Let’s try to answer this question by doing a side by side comparison of the Legend Plus with 2 other 3D massage chairs. For the purpose of our comparison, we will only be looking at 3D chairs since we only want to compare “apples to apples” so to speak. However, you will recall from earlier that you can get a 4D chair at cheaper the price of the Legend Plus!
We will be comparing the Legend Plus to 2 of my favourite 3D massage chairs, both from Osaki: the First Class and the Pro Admiral.
- Osaki OS Pro First Class
- 5’0 – 6’0 ft & 285 lbs.
- 50″ L-Track
Foot Roller Rows
- Yes (3 Slots)
- Lower Back
- Luraco Legend Plus
- 5'0 - 6'5 ft & 250 lbs.
- 58″ L-Track
Foot Roller Rows
- Yes (5 Slots)
- Lower Back, Seat, & Feet
- Osaki OS Pro Admiral
- 5’0 – 6’4 ft & 240 lbs.
- 49″ L-Track
Foot Roller Rows
- Lower Back & Calves
Yes the Legend Plus boasts a far more superior roller track with an extra 8-9” of coverage and more airbags, but does this justify the more expensive price tag? In my opinion, no. If I were the one who had to decide, I would not spend as much and would rather opt for the more cheaper First Class or Pro Admiral.
I just don’t see it. Yes the Legend Plus is a better chair when considering rollers, airbags, and user flexibility, but not by much. In other areas, the 2 Osaki chairs fare better. For example, the 2 Osaki chairs have far more auto modes, better foot rollers, and the First Class even has calf rollers, something the Luraco Legend Plus doesn’t have.
Significant Caveat: My final recommendation is based on the current pricing of all 3 chairs at this time. Of course, prices are subject to change in the future, and this should be considered before deciding on what makes most sense to purchase. I wanted to make this clear, as I love the Legend Plus and I can see why it has become so popular over the years.
And that concludes today’s review ladies/gents. I hope you enjoyed reading, and most importantly got some value out of this. If you did, please do consider sharing this post on the social channels. As always, please do not hesitate to get in touch should you have comments/questions. See y’all next week!